Sunday, July 12, 2015

Too Much Information

DJ's should be genuinely curious what clients want to hear for music and how the party map is laid out, the time line of the event, special requests, etc.  It's best to deliver that info in organized chunks.

One time the bride (bless her heart) sent me TONS of single emails with bits and pieces of info and adjustments on that info. When it came time for me to prepare week of, I had so many emails lined up it made my head spin.  All of her careful detail and planning became a maze of ADHD confusion.

My advice is to give your DJ the "big picture" details long in advance, maybe during your coffee consultation, and then send him/her the email with the mp3's and finalized details the week of.  And confirm they they received said email. This will help your DJ focus and stay organized, and eliminate time consuming communications and frustration when they missed a detail buried in an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment