Wednesday, September 16, 2015

"I have to hear this song at my wedding"



If you HAVE TO HEAR a song at your party, let the DJ know, email an mp3 hard copy, and bring a backup on an ipod, cell phone, or other music player.  Having backups is always smart.

DJ's should want to get your list of song ideas because it gives them a good idea what you are all about.  I will bring songs that I own off the list, I will even buy a couple that are good ideas, if the list is long and the couple doesn't own them I will offer to BUY them on their behalf. I don't pirate download because the quality isn't guaranteed and it's not nice to artists. 


*A note about streaming services such as Spotify or Apple Music:  Sharing a playlist with the DJ doesn’t count as sending a “hard copy” of a song.  Because streaming is played off the magical cloud in the sky, it is unreliable and runs into technical difficulties.  I don’t use streaming services for DJ’ing, I use hard copies (mp3’s and old school vinyl).

No comments:

Post a Comment